Shift Flags allow you to track when employees call in sick, miss their shift, or are late for their shift.
SKIP AHEAD TO:
Manually applying Shift Flags to the Schedule
1. First, go to the Schedule and click on the shift the employee has missed. You'll see a flag at the bottom left of the shift window.
2. Click on it to select whether the employee was Sick, Late, or No-show.
3. Once you flag the shift, click 'Save' and the shift will change color depending on what you selected. However, these different Shift Flags will all have a striped appearance.
Here's the before and after for a shift marked as 'Sick':
You can then generate an attendance report to see an employee's overall attendance rating. To do this, go to Reports > Attendance.
Select the date range and you'll get a report similar to this:
Scheduled: # of shifts scheduled
Sick: # of shifts the employee missed due to being sick
No Show: # of shifts the employee didn't show up for
Attendance: % of scheduled shifts the employee worked
Auto-populated Shift Flags from Punches
You can choose to have Shift Flags for Late and No-Show populate automatically based on employee punches.
For more information, please contact email@example.com.
To enable Auto-Shift Flags:
1. As an Admin, head over to Time Clocking > Settings.
2. Check off 'Auto shift flags' and set your 'Late tolerance' from the dropdown shown below.
3. Be sure to scroll down and click 'Save.'
Late tolerance - You can set your own grace period which will determine when a punch is considered 'Late.'
The 'Allow punch without shift' 7punches setting will also need to be enabled in order for them to be able to punch in 10 hours after their shift was scheduled to start.
Removing auto-populated shift flags:
If you want to change the Shift Flag that was automatically applied - if the employee forgot to punch in, or was sick - go to the Schedules page and click on the shift. In the bottom left corner, click on the Flag and select the correct one:
Where Do Auto-Shift Flags Show up?
When a shift is flagged, either manually or automatically based on the employee's punch, they will populate on the following:
- Schedules page
- Worked Hours & Wages report
- Time Clocking page
- Attendance report
- Engage page