Accurate sales and labor data tracking is at your fingertips with the CAKE POS integration!
SKIP AHEAD TO:
Enabling the Integration
To get started with activating the Integration with your CAKE POS, you'll need to have your CAKE Client ID ready.
Locating your CAKE ID in your POS:
Alternatively, you can reach out to CAKE Support: 855.696.CAKE or email email@example.com for this information.
Once you have your CAKE ID:
1. Log into your 7shifts account and head to More > Integrations and click 'Add Integration.'
2. Search and select CAKE from the list. Then click on 'Next.'
3. Select your Location from the dropdown, then enter your Client ID and click 'Connect.'
Actual Sales & Forecasting
Once your integration has been activated, your real-time sales data will be enabled by default. We will backfill 90 days of previous sales, if available. 7shifts will also use those Actual Sales values to populate Projected Sales, allowing you to create schedules based on those projections. These will become more accurate over time as more data is available. Sales data from CAKE POS syncs to 7shifts every 60 minutes.
7shifts will begin pulling in your sales data into the Dashboard, Manager Log Book, Actuals Report, and the Labor Budget Tool.
Click here to learn more about the Dashboard.
Manager Log Book:
Click here to learn more about the Manager Log Book.
Click here to learn more about the Actuals Report.
Labor Budget Tool:
Click here to learn more about the Labor Budget Tool.
Now when you go to build schedules for future weeks, 7shifts will automatically look at past historical sales and insert your sales projections for you. This allows for more accurate scheduling if you're wanting to stay on budget and within your labor targets.
The Actual Sales will initially be empty for the current or future days until sales start rolling in. Once the sales numbers have been pulled into 7shifts, they will be shown appropriately under those specific days.
We integrate with CAKE POS for Actual Labor, this means that your actual labor costs will be pulled into 7shifts. Once enabled, your actual labor costs will be displayed on the Dashboard allowing you to compare Sales vs. Labor.
After our support team has assisted you with the Actual Labor integration setup, you should start to see labor data coming in from CAKE.
The Actual Labor settings will be accessible within your 7shifts account under More > Integrations > CAKE POS > Settings > Settings > Labor.
You'll see the labor numbers update on the Dashboard on the day you enabled CAKE actual Labor. Going forward, these numbers will be updated daily (every 30 minutes) from your CAKE terminal.
Mapping your Roles
You'll need to map your Roles between CAKE and 7shifts after you have enabled the Actual Labor feature. This is how you will be able to match your Roles in 7shifts to their counterparts in your POS.
To map your Roles:
1. Head over to 'More' and select 'Integrations.'
2. From there select Mapping > Roles
7shifts will automatically map any Roles that already exist between CAKE and 7shifts (if they are both spelled the same way). You'll find those under the 'Mapped' heading.
If 7shifts was not able to auto map the specific Roles, you'll need to either create the Role within 7shifts or CAKE, or map it to another existing Role.
Mapping your Employees
You'll need to map your employees between CAKE and 7shifts after you have enabled the Actual Labor feature. This is how you will be able to match your Employees in 7shifts to their counterparts in your POS.
1. Head over to 'More' and select 'Integrations.'
2. From there select Mapping > Employees.
7shifts will automatically map any Employees that already exist between CAKE and 7shifts (if they are both spelled the same way). You'll find those under the 'Mapped' heading.
For unmapped Employees, you can either match up, ignore, or create the Employee.
- Match: Simply find the corresponding employee on the list.
- Ignore: You'll want to ignore if the employee will never need to clock in/out (i.e. salaried employees).
- Create: This will add the employee to 7shifts, allowing you to start scheduling them. If the employee exists in 7shifts but not in CAKE, you can also create them in CAKE.
Moving forward, you can add your new employees to CAKE or 7shifts. New employees will be mapped automatically if a match is found.
7shifts can automatically create a new employee when you add them to your POS. Streamline your employee onboarding process by eliminating the need to enter employee information twice. Employee Sync also helps ensure your employee records match in both systems, so your labor data is always up to date in 7shifts.
1. Have Actual Labor turned on in your integration settings.
2. Map your existing Employees. This will ensure Employees you have chosen to ignore during mapping will not be created in 7shifts.
3. Map your Roles. This will ensure Employees will be assigned the correct Roles in 7shifts when they are created.
Sync POS Time Clocking Data
If you have a POS integration that includes labor, you have the option to view your employee's time clocking entries from the POS within 7shifts. In addition, you are able to export this time clocking data to any of our payroll integrations.