Accounts using supported POS integrations will be able to send their POS tip data to 7shifts. From there, this information can be included with your time clocking data when processing payroll via select Payroll Integrations and Exports.
SKIP AHEAD TO:
Enabling the Tip Sync setting
1. Have Actual Labor turned on in your POS integration settings.
2. Have a supported Payroll Integration or Export enabled.
1. As an Admin, head over to More > Integrations > My Integrations and click on your Payroll provider, which should have been activated already.
2. Then, click on 'Settings.'
3. Under the 'Tip Export' tab, click on the slider button to enable 'Paid Tips' and/or 'Tips to be Paid' to determine how you'd like to bring in your tips data into 7shifts.
4. Paid Tips - The POS tips that have already been paid to your employees, but need to be tracked for tax purposes. If selecting the 'Paid Tips' toggle, choose the tip sources from your POS that you want to include in the dropdown shown below.
These will be the POS tips that have already been paid to employees, prior to processing payroll (example: cash tips). This information can be used in order to deduct taxes. Each selection will be added together and displayed when processing payroll.
5. Tips to be paid through payroll - The POS tips that are still owed to your employees. If selecting the 'Tips to be paid through your payroll' toggle, choose whether you want to include or deduct certain tip sources.
These will be the POS tips that are still owed to employees and are going to be paid through payroll. Each selection will be added together and displayed when processing payroll.
Next, select which tip sources you want to be included, and which ones you wish to deduct.
6. Click on 'Save' when finished.
Once enabled, 7shifts will pull in the tip data from your POS. This information will be included when processing payroll if you are using a supported Payroll Integration or within a new column in your CSV if using a supported Payroll Export.
Including Tip Pooling data
If using the Tip Pooling feature, the tips being calculated and redistributed can be included when processing your tip data to payroll. There are two options for how you can have this Information processed with your payroll data.
Under the 'Tips to be paid through your payroll' setting, select the 'Tips Out' option if you wish to include these tips with other tip categories that will need to be paid out to employees through your payroll system.
Once enabled, 7shifts will include/exclude your Tip Pooling data when processing payroll if you are using a supported Payroll Integration or within a new column in your CSV if using a supported Payroll Export.