Accurate sales and labor data tracking is at your fingertips with the Micros 3700 POS integration (through Omnivore)!
SKIP AHEAD TO:
Adding the Integration
To get started, you will need to contact one of our integration specialists at email@example.com requesting the Micros 3700 POS integration. Our support team will work with you to arrange the installation.
Alternatively, you can request the integration from your 7shifts account by following these steps:
1. Hover over to More > Integrations > My Integrations and click 'Add Integration.'
2. Search and select Micros 3700 from the list and click 'Next.'
3. In the dropdown select your Location and click 'Request Upgrade.'
After our support team has assisted you with the integration set up, your Micros 3700 POS integration and integration settings will be accessible within your 7shifts account under More > Integrations > Micros 3700 POS > Settings.
Actual Sales & Forecasting
Once your integration has been activated, your real-time sales data will be enabled by default. We will backfill 14 days of previous sales, if available. 7shifts will also use those Actual Sales values to populate Projected Sales, allowing you to create schedules based on those projections. These will become more accurate over time as more data is available. Sales data from Micros 3700 syncs to 7shifts every minute.
7shifts will begin pulling in your sales data into the Dashboard, Manager Log Book, Actuals Report, and the Labor Budget Tool.
⚠️ Sales Accuracy
To ensure accurate reporting and matching sales totals, 7shifts and Micros 3700 POS must both:
- be in the same timezone
- have work day hours ranging from 5AM—5AM
Click here to learn more about the Dashboard.
Manager Log Book:
Click here to learn more about the Manager Log Book.
Click here to learn more about the Actuals Report.
Labor Budget Tool:
Click here to learn more about the Labor Budget Tool.
Now when you go to build schedules for future weeks, 7shifts will automatically look at past historical sales and insert your sales projections for you. This allows for more accurate scheduling if you're wanting to stay on budget and within your labor targets.
The Actual Sales will initially be empty for the current or future days until sales start rolling in. Once the sales numbers have been pulled into 7shifts, they will be shown appropriately under those specific days.
With the Micros 3700 Actual Labor integration, your actual labor costs will be pulled into 7shifts. Once enabled, your actual labor data will be displayed on our Dashboard, allowing you to compare Sales vs Labor.
To enable Micros 3700 Actual Labor:
1. Head over to the More > Integrations > Micros 3700 POS > Settings.
2. Click 'Settings' beside the Location(s) that you want to enable.
3. Under the 'Labor' tab, click on the slider beside 'Actual Labor.'
You'll see the Actual Labor numbers update on the Dashboard on the day you enabled Micros 3700 Actual Labor. Going forward, these numbers will be updated daily (every minute) from your Micros terminal.
Sync POS Time Clocking Data
If you have a POS integration that includes labor, you have the option to view your employee's time clocking entries from the POS within 7shifts. In addition, you are able to export this time clocking data to any of our payroll integrations.
You'll want to review and map your specific Roles between your POS and 7shifts to easily assign Roles when adding new employees from your POS. This is how you will be able to match your Role in 7shifts to their counterparts in your POS.
To map your Roles:
1. Hover over to 'More' and select 'Integrations.'
2. From there, select Mapping > Roles.
7shifts will automatically map any Roles that already exist between Micros 3700 and 7shifts (if they are both spelled the same way). You'll find those under the 'Mapped' heading.
If 7shifts was not able to auto map the specific Roles, you'll need to either create the Role within 7shifts or your POS, or map it to another existing Role.
You'll need to map your Employees between your POS and 7shifts to connect the Schedule Enforcement and Actual Labor features. This is how you will be able to match your Employees in 7shifts to their counterparts in your POS.
1. Hover over to ' More' and select 'Integrations.'
2. From there, select Mapping > Employees.
7shifts will automatically map any Employees that already exist between your POS and 7shifts (if they are both spelled the same way). You'll find those under the 'Mapped' heading.
For unmapped Employees, you can either match up, ignore, or create the Employee.
- Match: Simply find the corresponding Employee on the list.
- Ignore: You'll want to ignore if the Employee will never need to clock in/out (i.e. salaried employees).
- Create: This will add the Employee to 7shifts, allowing you to start scheduling them.
Moving forward, you can add your new Employees to your POS or 7shifts. New employees will be mapped automatically if a match is found.
If Employees are not in your 7shifts account yet, you will also have the option to add them directly from the Mapping Page by clicking 'New employee in 7shifts.'
You can now ensure that your staff clocks into Micros 3700 POS only when they're scheduled to work. In turn, this allows you to control and reduce labor costs.
Here's how it works: Shifts are automatically synced to your Micros 3700 POS. Staff clock in/out on the POS. Your POS will then validate whether that employee is scheduled to work and can clock in. If they are scheduled to work, they will be allowed to clock in.
Once the feature has been configured on your Micros BOH terminal, you can turn the feature on within 7shifts by doing the following:
1. First you will need to ensure you have mapped your Employees.
2. Then, hover over to More > Integrations > My Integrations > Micros 3700 > Settings.
3. Click 'Settings' beside the Location(s) that you want to enable.
4. In the 'Labor' tab, toggle on 'Schedule Enforcement.'
You can set your employees wages in 7shifts to sync with the wages from your POS. This will ensure that your wages within 7shifts are always up to date with the wage in your POS.
To enable the Wage Sync setting:
1. Head over to More > Integrations > My Integrations > Micros 3700 > Settings.
2. Click 'Settings' beside the Location(s) that you want to enable.
3. In the 'Employee Data' tab, click the slider button to enable 'Wage Sync.'
7shifts can automatically create a new employee when you add them to your POS. Streamline your employee onboarding process by eliminating the need to enter employee information twice. Employee Sync also helps ensure your employee records match in both systems, so your labor data is always up to date in 7shifts.
1. Have Actual Labor turned on in your integration settings.
2. Map your existing Employees. This will ensure Employees you have chosen to ignore during mapping will not be created in 7shifts.
3. Map your Roles. This will ensure Employees will be assigned the correct Roles in 7shifts when they are created.