Accurate sales and labor data tracking is at your fingertips with the Square POS integration!
To ensure the best performance and accurate reporting across Square and 7shifts, please follow this link here to re-authorize your integration.
SKIP AHEAD TO:
Adding the Integration
⚠️Please note that you will only be able to connect your Square account to one 7shifts account. Multiple locations are only supported if they are all within the same 7shifts account.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
1. As an Admin, head over to More > Integrations, and click on 'Add Integration.'
2. Search and select Square, then click 'Next.'
3. You will be redirected to sign into your Square account. Click on 'Login to Square.'
4. Sign in to your Square account with your existing login email and password.
5. Once you've logged into Square, you will be brought back to your 7shifts account. You will need to repeat the first step of clicking 'Add Integration' and select 'Square.'
6. You will now be able to select a location to connect. Use the drop down menus to select your Square account and Square location that correspond to your 7shifts Location.
7. Click 'Connect' to activate the integration.
Actual Sales & Forecasting
Once your integration has been activated, your real-time sales data will be enabled by default. We will backfill 90 days of previous sales, if available. 7shifts will also use those Actual Sales values to populate Projected Sales, allowing you to create schedules based on those projections. These will become more accurate over time as more data is available. Sales data from Square POS syncs to 7shifts every minute.
7shifts will begin pulling in your sales data into the Dashboard, Manager Log Book, Actuals Report, and the Labor Budget Tool.
⚠️ Sales Accuracy
To ensure accurate reporting and matching sales totals, 7shifts and Square POS must both:
- be in the same timezone
- have work day hours ranging from 5AM—5AM
Click here to learn more about the Dashboard.
Manager Log Book:
Click here to learn more about the Manager Log Book.
Click here to learn more about the Actuals Report.
Labor Budget Tool:
Click here to learn more about the Labor Budget Tool.
Now when you go to build schedules for future weeks, 7shifts will automatically look at past historical sales and insert your sales projections for you. This allows for more accurate scheduling if you're wanting to stay on budget and within your labor targets.
The Actual Sales will initially be empty for the current or future days until sales start rolling in. Once the sales numbers have been pulled into 7shifts, they will be shown appropriately under those specific days.
We integrate with Square for actual labor, which means that your actual labor costs will be pulled into 7shifts. Once enabled, your actual labor costs will be displayed on the Dashboard allowing you to compare Sales vs. Labor.
To enable Square Actual Labor:
1. Head to More > Integrations > Square.
2. Click 'Settings' beside the Location(s) that you want to enable.
3. Under the 'Labor' tab, toggle on 'Actual Labor.'
You'll see the Actual Labor numbers update on the Dashboard on the day you enabled Square actual Labor. Going forward, these numbers will be updated daily (every minute) from your Square terminal.
Mapping your Roles
You'll want to review and map your specific Roles between Square and 7shifts to easily assign Roles when adding new employees from Square. This is how you will be able to match your Roles in 7shifts to their counterparts in your POS.
To map your Roles:
1. Head over the 'More' and select 'Integrations.'
2. From there, select Mapping > Roles.
7shifts will automatically map any Roles that already exist between Square and 7shifts (if they are both spelled the same way). You'll find those under the 'Mapped' heading.
If 7shifts was not able to auto map the specific Roles, you'll need to either create the Role within 7shifts or Square or map it to another existing Role.
Mapping your Employees
You'll need to review and map your Employees between Square and 7shifts to connect the Actual Labor and Employee sync features. This is how you will be able to match your Employees in 7shifts to their counterparts in your POS.
1. Head over the 'More' and select 'Integrations.'
2. From there, select Mapping > Employees.
7shifts will automatically map any Employees that already exist between Square and 7shifts (if they are both spelled the same way). You'll find those under the 'Mapped' heading.
For unmapped Employees, you can either match up, ignore, or create the employee.
- Match: Simply find the corresponding employee on the list.
- Ignore: You'll want to ignore if the employee will never need to clock in/out (i.e. salaried employees).
- Create: This will add the employee to 7shifts, allowing you to start scheduling them.
Sync POS Time Clocking Data
If you have a POS integration that includes labor, you have the option to view your employee's time clocking entries from the POS within 7shifts. In addition, you are able to export this time clocking data to any of our payroll integrations.
When an Employee doesn’t have a scheduled shift within 7shifts, the Square punch for that day will appear without a Role, under Time Clocking in 7shifts.
(Punch with Role)
(Punch with no Role)
7shifts can automatically create a new employee when you add them to your POS. Streamline your employee onboarding process by eliminating the need to enter employee information twice.
⚠️ To use Employee Sync, you will first need to:
1. Have Actual Labor turned on in your integration settings.
2. Map your existing Employees. This will ensure Employees you have chosen to ignore during mapping will not be created in 7shifts.
3. Map your Roles. This will ensure Employees will be assigned the correct Roles in 7shifts when they are created.