Accurate sales and labor data tracking is at your fingertips with the TouchBistro POS integration!
SKIP AHEAD TO:
Adding the Integration
You can link your TouchBistro POS with 7shifts to provide accurate sales forecasting when building schedules. This allows for more accurate scheduling if you're wanting to stay on budget and within your labor target percentage. 7shifts will also show you what your actual sales are in real time.
To enable the TouchBistro integration, follow these steps:
Step 1: From TouchBistro, Get your Venue ID
1. Log in to your TouchBistro cloud portal with your account's username/password at login.touchbistro.com.
2. Navigate to the 'App Marketplace' section on the far left menu.
3. Scroll through and under 7Shifts, click on 'Set Up.'
4. Click the dropdown at the top left and select 'Enabled.'
Your Venue ID will be displayed when you enable the feature.
Step 2: From 7shifts, Enable the integration
1. Log into your 7shifts account and head to More > Integrations > Add Integration.
2. Search and select TouchBistro from the list and click 'Next.'
3. In the dropdown select your Location, enter your Venue ID (from step 1), and click 'Connect.'
You should start seeing sales data come in shortly.
Actual Sales & Forecasting
Once your integration has been activated, your real-time sales data will be enabled by default. We will backfill 90 days of previous sales, if available. 7shifts will also use those Actual Sales values to populate Projected Sales, allowing you to create schedules based on those projections. These will become more accurate over time as more data is available. Sales data from TouchBistro POS syncs to 7shifts every 5 minutes.
7shifts will begin pulling in your sales data into the Dashboard, Manager Log Book, Actuals Report, and the Labor Budget Tool.
Click here to learn more about the Dashboard.
Manager Log Book:
Click here to learn more about the Manager Log Book.
Click here to learn more about the Actuals Report.
Labor Budget Tool:
Click here to learn more about the Labor Budget Tool.
Now when you go to build schedules for future weeks, 7shifts will automatically look at past historical sales and insert your sales projections for you. This allows for more accurate scheduling if you're wanting to stay on budget and within your labor targets.
The Actual Sales will initially be empty for the current or future days until sales start rolling in. Once the sales numbers have been pulled into 7shifts, they will be shown appropriately under those specific days.
Restaurant managers can ensure staff can only punch in if they're scheduled to work.
Here's how it works: Staff will punch in on the TouchBistro POS. TouchBistro then sends the punch over to 7shifts to see if this Employee is scheduled to work and can punch in. If the Employee isn't scheduled to work in 7shifts, they will not be allowed to clock in. If they are scheduled work, they will be allowed to punch in.
How to get started:
Step 1: From 7shifts
1. Head over to More > Integrations > My Integrations > TouchBistro > Settings > Labor.
2. Click on the slider to turn on 'Enforce Schedule' and click on the dropdown to select the grace period.
This allows employees to clock in within that grace period based on their scheduled shift.
Example: If your employee is scheduled at 9am and your grace period is 10 minutes, the employee can clock in any time between 8:50am-9:10am.
3. Next, locate your 7shifts 'API Key' by going to Company Settings > API, and copy the key to use in the next steps.
Step 2: From TouchBistro
1. Now go into your settings in TouchBistro and click on 'Integrations'.
2. Select 7shifts, which will appear under the 'Scheduling' list. Enable 7shifts to begin configuring it for TouchBistro.
3. Using your API key that you have in your 7shifts account, enter it under 'API Key' and turn on 'Enforce Scheduling' as well as 'Enforce Role' if desired.
4. Tap 'Done' at the top right when finished.
5. Ensure TouchBistro staff passcodes and 7shifts employee punch IDs are the same:
From TouchBistro, visit Admin > Admin Settings > Staff.
Ensure the code corresponds with the punch ID in the employee's 7shifts profile.
This can be found on the 'Employment' tab within their 7shifts user profile:
6. Ensure TouchBistro staff types and 7shifts role names correspond:
From TouchBistro, head to: Admin > Admin Settings > Staff > Staff Types.
Within each 'Staff Type', you'll need to scroll to the bottom and ensure that the 'Scheduling Integration Name' matches the specific Role name from 7shifts.
You are now set up for Schedule Enforcement! Employees will only be able to clock into TouchBistro when they are scheduled to work a shift in 7shifts.
We integrate with TouchBistro actual labor, this means your actual labor costs will be pulled into 7shifts. Once enabled, your actual labor costs will be displayed on the Dashboard allowing you to compare Sales vs. Labor.
To enable TouchBistro Actual Labor:
1. Head over to More > Integrations > TouchBistro POS.
2. Click 'Settings' beside the Location(s) that you want to enable.
3. Click the slider button to enable 'Actual Labor.'
Sync POS Time Clocking Data
If you have a POS integration that includes labor, you have the option to view your employee's time clocking entries from the POS within 7shifts. In addition, you are able to export this time clocking data to any of our payroll integrations.
- Breaks (paid or unpaid) will not be imported from TouchBistro.
- When an Employee doesn’t have a scheduled shift within 7shifts, the TouchBistro punch for that day will appear without a Role, under Time Clocking in 7shifts.
(Punch with Role)
(Punch with no Role)
You'll need to map your Employees between TouchBistro and 7shifts to connect the Schedule Enforcement and Actual Labor features. This is how you will be able to match your Employees in 7shifts to their counterparts in your POS.
1. Head over to 'More' and select 'Integrations.'
2. From there, select Mapping > Employees.
7shifts will automatically map any Employees that already exist between your POS and 7shifts (if they are both spelled the same way). You'll find those under the 'Mapped' heading.
For unmapped Employees, you can either match up, ignore, or create the Employee.
- Match: Simply find the corresponding employee on the list.
- Ignore: You'll want to ignore if the employee will never need to clock in/out (i.e. salaried employees).
- Create: This will add the employee to 7shifts, allowing you to start scheduling them.
Moving forward, you can add your new employees to TouchBistro or 7shifts. New employees will be mapped automatically if a match is found.
7shifts can automatically create a new employee when you add them to your POS. Streamline your employee onboarding process by eliminating the need to enter employee information twice. Employee Sync also helps ensure your employee records match in both systems, so your labor data is always up to date in 7shifts.
1. Have Actual Labor turned on in your integration settings.
2. Map your existing Employees. This will ensure Employees you have chosen to ignore during mapping will not be created in 7shifts.
3. Match your POS Staff Types with your Roles in 7shifts. This will ensure Employees will be assigned the correct Roles in 7shifts when they are created.