7punches is a time clocking app that integrates seamlessly with 7shifts. This allows you to manage Employee scheduling as well as time and attendance all in one place. You then have the ability to export Reports for payroll or send this information directly to your payroll provider through one of our available Payroll Integrations and Exports.
With 7punches, your Employees can clock in and out from an iPad, tablet, or mobile phone terminal. Here's a quick look at how employees will punch in:
- If they punch in for a scheduled shift, the Role will be automatically assigned to that punch.
- If they punch in for an unscheduled shift, the Employee is presented with an option to select a Role.
⚠️ 7punches and Time Clocking Settings can only be enabled and managed by an Admin.
⚠️By default, Admins/Managers/Assistant Managers user types have full access to the 7punches Punch Pad. This includes launching the 7punches app, and punching in/out to manage their own time.
⚠️To help reduce the risk in using shared devices, 7punches users can now allow their employees to access the punch pad from their personal devices. Click here to learn more.
SKIP AHEAD TO:
1. Log in to the web app as an Admin.
2. In the left navigation bar, select Settings > Add-ons > click the 7punches add-on option :
3. Click on the Enable 7punches > Go to 7punches > Start Time Clocking:
4. You will be prompted to enter the end date of your last payroll and your payroll frequency. Select the box On 7punches.
5. Click on Next to continue. After doing so, your first payroll period will be generated.
In the future, when you click on a payroll period, you’ll be able to see which Employees have clocked in and at what time, all in real time.
6. Next, configure your Time Clocking settings by heading to the Settings tab.
Here you can check the boxes for the features you want to use when it comes to when and how employees will be able to punch in.
7. The General settings will apply if you are using 7punches or a third-party POS integration that supports certain Actual Labor features:
8. The 7punches settings will only apply if you are using 7punches for time clocking:
Click here to learn more about Mobile Punch.
9. To enable more features for Employee punch behaviours, you'll need to set your Grace Period:
10. Be sure to click 'Save' at the bottom of the page when you're done.
11. Finally, you will need to download the 7punches app for iOS or Android on your tablet / mobile device that will be used for punching in. Click here to learn more about the 7punches app.
Approved vs. Unapproved Time Punches
- A labor exception has occurred
- An enforced break was not taken or not taken for the correct duration
- The Employee was Auto punched-out
By default, a time punch is marked as unapproved if the Employee clocked in before their shift start time, clocked out later than their scheduled end time, or was Auto-punched out. You will also see a tag for any Advanced Labor Exceptions in the punch.
Punches requiring approval will be labeled in red. Click the 'Pencil' icon to edit the punch or simply click on 'Approve' to allow it, but not make any changes to the punch.
Punches can automatically be approved by first setting up your Grace Period within the 7punches settings. The Auto-approve setting is the minutes before / after a shift starts that an Employee can clock in and the minutes before/after a shift ends that an employee can clock out. If the Employee's punches fall within these bounds, the punch will be automatically approved.
Example: With a 5-minute Grace Period, and Auto-approve punches enabled, an Employee scheduled to start at 10 am, and punches in anytime between 9:55 am - 10 am, will have their punch auto-approved.