Accurate sales and labor data tracking is at your fingertips with the Brink POS integration!
SKIP AHEAD TO:
Adding the Integration
To obtain this token you will need to reach out to your Brink rep or BrinkAPITokenRequest@partech.com.
Please use the email template shown below:
Subject line: <<Your Name>> – Location Token Request for 7shifts
Brink Tech Support,
Please escalate this request directly to Level 3. I’m requesting an API Url & Location Tokens for the following stores be sent to <<your email address>>.
<<List your Stores Here>>
When you have your API Url & location token:
1. In the left navigation bar, head to Apps & Integrations:
2. Search and select Brink on the Explore page.
3. Select your Location from the dropdown and enter the 'API Url' and 'Location Token'. Then, click 'Connect.'
4. You will now have the integration connected! Map your roles and employees to ensure accurate reporting across your 7shifts Account. When your roles and employees are mapped, you can leverage 7shifts reporting and analytics tools to help you make informed decisions and track your business needs.
Your integration settings will always be accessible under Apps & Integrations > My Integrations > Brink > Settings.
Mapping your Roles
You'll want to review and map your specific Roles between Brink and 7shifts to easily assign Roles when adding new employees from Brink. This is how you will be able to match your Roles in 7shifts to their counterparts in your POS.
To map your Roles:
1. Head over to Apps & Integrations > Mapping :
2. From there, select Roles
7shifts will automatically map any Roles that already exist between your POS/payroll and 7shifts, if they are both spelled the same way, with identical capitalization and spacing. You'll find those under the 'Mapped' heading.
If 7shifts was not able to auto map the specific Roles, you'll need to either create the Role within 7shifts or Brink, or map it to another existing Role.
Mapping your Employees
You'll need to review and map your employees between Brink and 7shifts to connect the Schedule Enforcement and Actual Labor features. This is how you will be able to match your Employees in 7shifts to their counterparts in your POS.
1. Head to Apps & Integrations > Mapping :
2. From there select Employees.
7shifts will automatically map any Employees that already exist between Brink and 7shifts (if they are both spelled the same way). You'll find those under the 'Mapped' heading.
For unmapped Employees, you can either match up, ignore, or create the Employee.
- Match: Simply find the corresponding employee on the list.
- Ignore: You'll want to ignore if the employee will never need to clock in/out (i.e. salaried employees).
- Create: This will add the employee to 7shifts, allowing you to start scheduling them. If the employee exists in 7shifts but not in Brink, you can also create them in Brink.
Moving forward, you can add your new employees to Brink or 7shifts. New employees will be mapped automatically if a match is found.
Actual Sales & Forecasting
Once your integration has been activated, your real-time sales data will be enabled by default. We will backfill 90 days of previous sales, if available. 7shifts will also use those Actual Sales values to populate Projected Sales, allowing you to create schedules based on those projections. These will become more accurate over time as more data is available. Sales data from Brink POS syncs to 7shifts every 60 minutes.
7shifts will begin pulling in your sales data into the Dashboard, Manager Log Book, Actuals Report, and the Labor Budget Tool.
⚠️ Sales Accuracy
To ensure accurate reporting and matching sales totals, 7shifts and Brink POS must both:
- be in the same timezone
- have work day hours ranging from 5AM—5AM
Click here to learn more about the Dashboard.
Manager Log Book:
Click here to learn more about the Manager Log Book.
Click here to learn more about the Actuals Report.
Labor Budget Tool:
Click here to learn more about the Labor Budget Tool.
Now when you go to build schedules for future weeks, 7shifts will automatically look at past historical sales and insert your sales projections for you. This allows for more accurate scheduling if you're wanting to stay on budget and within your labor targets.
The Actual Sales will initially be empty for the current or future days until sales start rolling in. Once the sales numbers have been pulled into 7shifts, they will be shown appropriately under those specific days.
We integrate with Brink actual labor, which means that your actual labor costs will be pulled into 7shifts. Once enabled, your actual labor costs will be displayed on the Dashboard allowing you to compare Sales vs. Labor.
To enable Brink Actual Labor:
1. Head to Apps & Integrations > My Integrations > Brink POS > Settings.
2. Click 'Settings' beside the Location(s) that you want to enable.
3. In the 'Labor' tab click the slider button to enable Actual Labor for this Location.
You'll see the Actual Labor numbers update on the Dashboard on the day you enabled the Actual Labor integration. Going forward, these numbers will be updated daily (every 5 minutes) from your POS.
Sync POS Time Clocking Data
If you have a POS integration that includes labor, you have the option to view your employee's time clocking entries from the POS within 7shifts. In addition, you are able to export this time clocking data to any of our payroll integrations.
When an Employee doesn’t have a scheduled shift within 7shifts, the Brink punch for that day will appear without a Role, under Time Clocking in 7shifts.
(Punch with Role)
(Punch with no Role)
Enforce Schedule (Punch Enforcement)
You can now ensure that your staff clocks into Brink only when they're scheduled to work. In turn, this allows you to control and reduce labor costs.
Here's how it works: Shifts are automatically synced to your Brink POS. Staff clock in/out on the POS. Your POS will then validate whether or not that employee is scheduled to work and can clock in. If they are scheduled to work, they will be allowed to clock in.
How to get started:
2. Head to Apps &Integrations > My Integrations > Brink POS > Settings.
3. In the 'Labor' tab click the slider button to enable Schedule Enforcement for this Location.
Once you've set this up within 7shifts, you'll need to make some changes within your Brink POS web terminal:
4. Head to Editor > Options > Labor > Scheduling.
5. Check 'Use Schedule' to enable Punch Enforcement.
You can then customize the following options:
- Enforcement for clock in
- Enforcement for clock out
- Grace Periods
7shifts can automatically create a new employee when you add them to your POS. Streamline your employee onboarding process by eliminating the need to enter employee information twice. Employee Sync also helps ensure your employee records match in both systems, so your labor data is always up to date in 7shifts.
1. Have Actual Labor turned on in your integration settings.
2. Map your existing Employees. This will ensure Employees you have chosen to ignore during mapping will not be created in 7shifts.
3. Map your Roles. This will ensure Employees will be assigned the correct Roles in 7shifts when they are created.
You can set your Employees' wages in 7shifts to sync with the wages from your POS. This will ensure that your wages within 7shifts are always up to date with the wage in your POS.
To enable the Wage Sync setting:
1. Head over to Apps & Integrations > My Integrations > Brink POS > Settings.
2. Click 'Settings' beside the Location(s) that you want to enable.
3. In the 'Employee Data' tab, click the slider button to enable 'Wage Sync.'