Save up to 8 hours per week managing your tip pool with custom contribution and distribution rules, automatic calculations, comprehensive reports, and payroll export options.
⚠️ This feature is offered as a paid add-on. Please see our Pricing Page.
⚠️ Tip Pooling 'Settings' are only accessible on the web app.
SKIP AHEAD TO:
Unassigned Tips - Tips and sales receipt data are categorized as "unassigned" under the following circumstances:
- The mapping status is unmapped or ignored. This may be unintentional if an employee’s profile isn’t correctly mapped to 7shifts. Or, this may be intentional if you have ghost profiles or takeout roles.
- Time punches are missed. This happens if an employee doesn’t clock in (or forgets to) but has sales and tip data from their shift. For example, a salaried manager who doesn’t clock in but settles a bill.
- Time punches have no role associated. This happens if an employee clocks into their shift but doesn’t specify their working role. You can find their name in the detailed Tip Pooling report under the “unassigned” row.
Tip Sources -These are the tip data sources we can sync from your POS. Depending on your POS, tip sources may vary from CC Tips, auto-gratuity, cash tips and declared tips.
Total Tip in - An Employee's total contributed tips for a given pay period.
Total Tip out - An Employee's total distributed tips for a given pay period.
Tips Earned - Tips that an employee receives during a given pay period. This can include pooled tips, declared cash tips, credit card tips, auto gratuities, etc.
Enabling Tip Pooling in Your Account
Hover over the navigation bar > select Settings > Add-Ons:
- Select the Tip Pooling:
Admins/Managers/Assistant Managers can click Enable Tip Pooling to start a free trial and try out the feature. Only Admins will be able to proceed with purchasing the Tip Pooling add-on at the end of the trial.
Next, select the Go To Tip Pooling button to get started right away.
Going forward, this tool will also be available in the navigation bar > Tip Management > Tip Pooling :
Setting Up Your Tip Pools
To collect your tip data, there are two contribution methods for you to choose from:
(1) POS Integration Contribution:
Companies using Toast, TouchBistro, or Square POS can automatically collect and divide tips/gratuities among employees. Follow the links below to begin setting up your Tip Pool:
(2) Manual Contribution:
If you do not use a supported POS or want to use tip data from a specific source, you can use this method to enter your daily tip data into 7shifts for redistribution among your employees. Follow the link below to begin setting up your Tip Pool by:
Managing / Editing multiple Tip Pools
As an Admin, you can always access your Tip Pool dashboard by heading to the navigation bar > Tip Management > Tip Pooling :
You can also sort your list of Tip Pools by name or Location.
- Click on the manage icon to edit, delete, or view the details for an existing Tip Pool.
Simply click on + Create Pool to create an additional Tip Pool.
⚠️ You can set up multiple Tip Pools under the same Location.