If you are using 7punches for time-clocking, or have a POS integration that includes labor, you can send your worked hours directly to ADP Run.
SKIP AHEAD TO:
1. You have multiple locations (multiple Company Codes / Brand Codes) within your ADP Run account.
2. These locations are all within the same 7shifts account.
If both of these apply to you, start a chat with our Support team for further assistance. Simply click on the blue icon located at the bottom right corner of your screen.
Enabling the ADP Run Integration
To enable the integration, you'll need to do the following:
1. In the left navigation bar, head to Apps & Integrations:
2. Search and select 'ADP Run':
3. In order to connect the integration, you will need to provide your 7shifts Partner ID to ADP.
Click the 'Copy' button to copy this ID, then click on 'Login to ADP Marketplace.'
5. You will be taken to the ADP website where you will need to sign in with your existing login and password.
6. Next, click 'Buy Now' beside the ADP Run Connector App.
7. Under the 'Total Locations' field, ensure you enter the total number of Locations in your 7shifts account that you wish to activate with the ADP Run integration. Then, click on 'Continue.'
8. Next, paste the Partner ID here that you copied earlier from your 7shifts account, then click on 'Check'. If the ID is valid, you'll be able to click 'Continue.'
9. Then, follow the ADP prompts, such as providing billing information, to confirm your order.
10. Once completed, click on 'Go To Myapps.'
11. If your order was successful, you will now see the 7shifts Connector application in your ADP Run account.
You'll also be redirected and prompted to log back into your 7shifts account immediately after clicking on this icon.
12. While in your 7shifts account, go to Apps & Integrations
13. Click on My Integrations > ADP Run > Settings.
14. In the dropdown, select the 7shifts Locations you want to connect, then click on 'Save.'
15. Once the Locations under this ADP Company Code have been connected, choose whether to 'Split Hours by Role' In the 'Payroll Mapping' tab.
With your integration finally activated across your Locations, you will now need to Map your Roles & Employees so that your labor data can sync properly between 7shifts and ADP.
1. After your integration is connected, your Integration Mapping page can be found under Apps & Integrations > Mapping.
2. Under the 'Employees' tab is where you'll see the users that you have set up within 7shifts vs. the users that exist within ADP.
7shifts will automatically map any Employees that already exist between 7shifts and ADP Run, if they are both spelled the same way with identical capitalization and spacing. You'll find those under the 'Mapped' heading.
Any Employees that cannot be automatically matched will be under the 'Unmapped' or 'Ignored' tab.
3. Match any Employees from ADP to their counterpart user profile in 7shifts.
- Match: Simply find the corresponding employee in the list.
- Ignore: You'll want to Ignore if the employee will never need to clock in/out (i.e. Salaried employees)
1. After your integration is connected, your Integration Mapping page can be found underApps & Integrations > Mapping.
2. Under the 'Roles' tab is where you'll see the Roles that you have set up within 7shifts vs. the department codes that exist within ADP.
7shifts will automatically map any Roles/department codes that already exist between 7shifts and ADP, if they are both spelled the same way, with identical capitalization and spacing. You'll find those under the 'Mapped' heading.
Any Roles that cannot be automatically matched will be under the 'Unmapped' or 'Ignored' tab.
3. Match any department codes from ADP that are used for punching in, to their 7shifts Role. If the Role is not used, move it to the 'Ignored' section. If you choose to set as 'Ignored,' data will not sync between the integration and 7shifts.
Example: The Role 'Bartender' in 7shifts could match with the department code 'Bar Keeper' in ADP.
Example: The Role 'Bartender' in 7shifts could match with the department code 'Bar Keeper' but not also the department code 'Bar Assistant' in ADP.
A new Role for 'Bar Assistant' would need to be created with 7shifts in order to match the one in ADP.
Preparing your Payroll Data
Before you can send your payroll data to ADP, you'll need to ensure that you've properly approved all punches and closed your timesheet.
1. Click the Time Clocking tab, then select the appropriate Pay Period.
2. From there, review and 'Approve' or 'Edit' punches, or choose to 'Approve All.'
3. Once you've approved all punches, you're ready to close the Timesheet and export your Timesheets to ADP Run.
To close the Timesheet, select 'Close Timesheet' in the top right corner.
4. Once the Timesheet is closed, you can send it to ADP Run by selecting 'Export' and 'Send to ADP (ADP Run).'
Including Paid Time Off (PTO):
To include Employees' Paid Time Off and Paid Sick Time hours within the report, you will need to enable these features under your Company Settings.
Accounts using a supported POS integration will be able to send their tip data to 7shifts. From there, this information can be included with your time-clocking data when processing payroll.
Please review carefully to see if your POS or tip source is compatible with your payroll provider.