Accurate sales and labor data tracking are at your fingertips with the Micros Simphony POS integration!
⚠️ Access to this integration may require an upgrade from your existing plan.
SKIP AHEAD TO:
Enable the Integration
Login as an Admin.
(click on the image to expand it)
Search for Micros Simphony in the list, select the box, and click Next.
Fill in the required fields to connect your Micros Simphony Account. This information can be found by logging into your Micros Simphony Account:
Field Where to find it: API Password
Enter the Password from the previous API User creation here.
Business Intelligence API Details API Services URL This is your Reporting & Analytics API URL. Please enter that here. API Authentication URL Head to EMC (Enterprise Management Console) > Enterprise Parameters > Applications > OpenId Connect Provider URL. Please enter that URL here Bl API Username Head to Reporting & Analysis > Administration > System > API Accounts > Add API Account. This will create a Username, please enter it here. Bl Password After an API Account is created, you will receive an email with setup instructions. Going through the setup will allow you to generate a password. Please enter that here. Client ID After the API Account is created, a Client ID is generated. Please enter that here. ORG Short Name Head to go to Reporting & Analysis > Enterprise Name. Please enter that name here. Labor Rest API Details Rest API URL Head to EMC (Enterprise Management Console) > Enterprise Parameters > Applications > OpenId Connect Provider URL. Please enter that URL here. API Token
1. In the Reporting & Analytics portal in Simphony, select Admin, select Portal, select Users, and then select Users.2. Click Add.3. Select API User and enter details for all mandatory fields (Make note of the Password, especially).4. Click Save.5. To view a list of all API users, select Show API Users and then click Find All in the User Administration overview page.After you've done the above, enter the Token for the created API User here.
Click Login to Micros Simphony.
- Fill in the details for your Micros Simphony Location :
- Click Connect.
- Match your restaurant roles.
You'll want to review and map your specific Roles between Micros Simphony and 7shifts to easily assign Roles when adding new employees from Toast. This is how you will be able to match your Roles in 7shifts to their counterparts in your POS.
- Map your employees:
You'll need to review and map your employees between Micros Simphony and 7shifts to connect the Schedule Enforcement and Actual Labor features. This is how you will be able to match your Employees in 7shifts to their counterparts in your POS.
- You've successfully connected your Micros Simphony Integration. Continue reading below to discover the features that you can enable.
Actual Sales & Forecasting
Once your integration has been activated, your real-time sales data will be enabled by default. We will backfill 90 days of previous sales, if available. 7shifts will also use those Actual Sales values to populate Projected Sales, allowing you to create schedules based on those projections. These will become more accurate over time as more data is available. Sales data from Micros Simphony POS syncs to 7shifts every 5 minutes.
7shifts will begin pulling in your sales data into the Dashboard, Manager Log Book, Actuals Report, and the Labor Budget Tool.
⚠️ Sales Accuracy
To ensure accurate reporting and matching sales totals, 7shifts and Micros Simphony POS must both:
- be in the same timezone
- have work day hours ranging from 5AM—5AM
Click here to learn more about the Dashboard.
Manager Log Book:
Click here to learn more about the Manager Log Book.
Click here to learn more about the Actuals Report.
Labor Budget Tool:
Click here to learn more about the Labor Budget Tool.
Now when you go to build schedules for future weeks, 7shifts will automatically look at past historical sales and insert your sales projections for you. This allows for more accurate scheduling if you're wanting to stay on budget and within your labor targets.
The Actual Sales will initially be empty for the current or future days until sales start rolling in. Once the sales numbers have been pulled into 7shifts, they will be shown appropriately under those specific days.
We integrate with Micros Simphony's actual labor, this means that your actual labor costs will be pulled into 7shifts. Once enabled, your actual labor costs will be displayed on the Dashboard allowing you to compare Sales vs. Labor.
To enable Toast Actual Labor:
Head to Apps & Integrations > My Integrations > Micros Simphony.
Click Settings beside the Location(s) that you want to enable.
Click on the Labor tab and toggle on the slider for Actual Labor.
You'll see the Actual Labor numbers update on the Dashboard on the day you enabled Micros Simphony's actual Labor. Going forward, these numbers will be updated daily from your Micros Simphony terminal.
Map your Roles
You'll want to review and map your specific Roles between Micros Simphony and 7shifts to easily assign Roles when adding new employees from Micros Simphony. This is how you will be able to match your Roles in 7shifts to their counterparts in your POS.
To map your Roles:
- In the left navigation bar, head to Apps & Integrations > Mapping > Roles.
7shifts will automatically map any Roles that already exist between Micros Simphony and 7shifts, if they are both spelled the same way, with the same capitalization and spelling. You'll find those under the 'Mapped' heading.
If 7shifts was not able to auto map the specific Roles, you'll need to either create the Role within 7shifts or Micros Simphony, or map it to another existing Role.
Map Your Employees
You'll need to review and map your employees between 7shifts and Micros Simphony to connect the Schedule Enforcement and Actual Labor features. This is how you will be able to match your Employees in 7shifts to their counterparts in your POS.
- In the left navigation bar, head to Apps & Integrations > Mapping > Employees.
7shifts will automatically map any Employees that already exist between Micros Simphony and 7shifts, if they are both spelled the same way, with the same capitalization and spelling. You'll find those under the 'Mapped' heading. For unmapped Employees, you can either match up, ignore, or create the Employee.
- Match: Simply find the corresponding employee on the list.
- Ignore: You'll want to ignore if the employee will never need to clock in/out (i.e. salaried employees).
Create: This will add the employee to 7shifts, allowing you to start scheduling them.
If an incorrect match was made,you can always correct the mistake by unmatching them. The employee will now be listed under 'Unmapped' and you can assign them correctly from there.
Moving forward, you can add your new employees to Micros Simphony or 7shifts. New employees will be mapped automatically if a match is found.
You can now ensure staff only clock into Micros Simphony when they're scheduled to work. In turn, this allows you to control and reduce labor costs.
Here's how it works: Shifts are automatically synced to your Micros Simphony POS. Staff clock in/out on the POS. Micros Simphony will then validate whether or not that employee is scheduled to work and can clock in. If they are scheduled to work, they will be allowed to clock in.
When an employee clocks in or out for their shift, the recorded time will be rounded down to the nearest 15-minute increment.
For instance, if Barney clocks in at 12:08 PM, it will be documented as 12:00PM in 7shifts. Similarly, if Barney clocks in at 12:18 PM, it will be documented as 12:15 PM in 7shifts.
How to get started:
- Head over to Apps & Integrations > My Integrations > Micros Simphony > Settings.
- In the 'Labor' tab, toggle on 'Schedule Enforcement.'
From Micros Simphony:
- Login to your Micros Simphony account.
- Select the Enterprise level.
- Click Configuration > Roles > Operations tab > Timekeeping subtab.
- From the Job Rate Options section, select the appropriate Clock in at Rate options for employees associated with the role. Each rate number refers to a pay rate that is assigned for the employee record.
- Select the timekeeping option: 20010 - Authorize/Perform Clock In/Out Outside Schedule or Scheduled Breaks.
- Click Save.
Head to Micros Simphony's Help Center to learn more about enabling this feature.
Sync POS Time Clocking Data
You have the option to view your employee's time-clocking entries from the POS within 7shifts. In addition, you are able to export this time clocking data to any of our payroll integrations.
Click here for more information on enabling this function.
7shifts can automatically create new employees when you add them to your POS. Streamline your employee onboarding process by eliminating the need to enter employee information twice. Employee Sync also helps ensure your employee records match in both systems, so your labor data is always up to date in 7shifts.
⚠️ To use Employee Sync, you will first need to:
- Map your Roles. This will ensure Employees will be assigned the correct Roles in 7shifts when they are created.
You can set your Employees' wages in 7shifts to sync with the wages from your POS. This will ensure that your wages within 7shifts are always up to date with the wage in your POS.
To enable the Wage Sync setting:
- Head over to Apps & Integrations > My Integrations > Micros Simphony > Settings.
- Click Settings beside the Location(s) that you want to enable.
- In the Employee Data tab, enable Wage Sync.
Q: I was on the previous integration between Micros Simphony and 7shifts, what do I need to do?
A: You will need to re-integrate the connection. This includes deleting the previous connection and starting the integration process again:
- Login as an Admin.
- Head to Apps & Integrations > My Integrations.
- Click on the More Options icon next to Micros Simphony II.
- Select Delete.
- Click Yes to confirm.
- Follow these steps to re-enable your integration.