Streamline your employee onboarding process with Employee sync by eliminating the need to enter employee information twice.
7shifts can automatically create a new employee when you add them to your POS. Employee sync will also sync the information as it's edited on your POS to keep your records updated within 7shifts.
SKIP AHEAD TO:
Enabling the Employee Sync setting
1. Have Actual Labor turned on in your integration settings. Find the steps for your POS here.
2. Map your existing Employees. This will ensure Employees you have chosen to ignore during mapping will not be created or updated in 7shifts.
3. Map your existing Roles. This will ensure that Employees will be assigned the correct Roles in 7shifts when they are created. (The following POS integrations will be exempt from Role mapping: Lightspeed, Squirrel, and TouchBistro).
If any Roles are still unmapped prior to turning on Employee sync, 7shifts will be unable to automatically create a profile for the users that are associated with the unmapped roles on your POS.
After you’ve completed the above prerequisites, follow these steps:
1. As an Admin, head over to More > Integrations > My Integrations and click on your POS.
2. Click on the 'Settings' button beside the Location(s) that you want to enable.
3. Under the 'Employee Data' tab, click on the slider button to enable 'Employee Sync' for this Location.
What information updates with Employee sync
After Employee Sync is enabled, 7shifts will:
1. Create new Employees - 7shifts will detect any new employees on your POS that do not match any existing records in your 7shifts account. We will then automatically create this user as an employee in 7shifts and send them an invite email.
2. Sync Inactive Status - Mapped users flagged as inactive or deleted on your POS, will be marked as 'inactive' within 7shifts.
3. Sync Job/Role edits - If a mapped user had changes made to their job code/role assignments on your POS, the same job code/role updates will be applied to their user profile within 7shifts.
- Only changes where are user is assigned to additional roles/job codes will be reflected in 7shifts. If the user was simply removed from a role/job code on your POS, this change would NOT be reflected in 7shifts.
- Based on the Role's mapping, a Location or Department change in 7shifts may also occur.
4. Sync Employee Profile edits - If a mapped user had changes made to their user profile on your POS. If so, we will apply these updates to their user profile within 7shifts. These may be details such as their name, phone number, or punch ID. (See below which details will sync for your POS.)
7shifts will sync the following fields when creating or updating an Employee profile, depending on your POS:
Available Not supported currently
A few more things to note when using Employee Sync:
However, POS systems may take longer to publish information to the cloud/API, so please check back in a few hours if the data is not in 7shifts within the expected time. If you still do not see data changes reflected after 24 hours, please contact our team at email@example.com.
Click here to find your POS and see if the integration offers Wage Sync.
Emails are unable to sync for some POS systems. So the Employee profiles created through employee sync will not have an email and will be unable to automatically receive an invitation to 7shifts, if using the following POS systems:
Where new Employee profiles and profile updates appear in 7shifts
Any recently added Employees will be tagged as 'NEW' on your Employee page so you can adjust their settings or user permissions once they have been created in 7shifts.
You can update their user profile in 7shifts anytime by heading to More > Employees and clicking on their name.
Existing Profile Updates:
If changes are made to an existing 7shifts profile using employee sync, you will be able to see the time and the name of the system this information was last updated.
To see this, head to More > Employees and click on their name. The details can be found in the top right corner of the employee's profile.
You can hover your mouse over to see more information.