From time to time, you may wish to edit an existing user's profile to update their information or assignments.
It's important that their Location/Department/Role assignments are up to date as a user's access to the account is based on these assignments. Even if they've been granted certain Manager Permissions, these assignments will determine what the user can view and update in the account.
SKIP AHEAD TO:
How to find a user's profile
1. In the left navigation bar, head to Team:
2. If you have many employees, the quickest way to find a specific one is to search for them using their name.
You can also use the filtering options to view Employees of different categories.
If you are still unable to find the employee you are looking for, here are a few things to verify:
- Check for them in the Inactive Employees list under the more menu ' ☰ ' > Employees > Inactive.
- Confirm with your Admin if the employee has been added to the account yet, and with the correct name.
- Have your Admin assign both you and the employee to the same Location and Department.
Admins can see all users, but Managers or Assistant Managers cannot see Employees who are not assigned to the same Locations and departments as they are. Your Admin can verify if this is the case and correct it.
3. Once you see their profile, you can:
- Click on them to view or edit their information
- Send them a message by clicking on the Message icon
- Make their user profile inactive by clicking on the three-dotted icon
Update Profiles and Assignments
⚠️ Admins can only update their own profile/assignments and are unable to make changes to the profiles of fellow Admins.
⚠️ If an employee's personal information is greyed out, this indicates that the employee has more than one 7shifts profile (for example, two jobs that use 7shifts). This allows users to have one shared email and password to view all of their associated companies and ensures their profile remains secure.
If your employee needs to update their information, please ask them to log in to their account to do this on their end.
1. On the Employees page, click on a user's profile to view or edit their information.
2. Update their profile ensuring you review each of the different tabs on the left.
Key pieces of information to provide or update in the Employee's profile include:
- First and last name
- Email address (all staff will require a valid email address to log into 7shifts)
- Mobile number (for SMS and push notifications)
- The Locations, Departments, and Roles they are assigned to
- Wage information
- Deductions is only available for Accounts using 7shifts Payroll
3. Under the 'Assignments' tab, ensure they're assigned to all of their required Locations, Departments, and Roles. Otherwise, they will appear as "No Role" on your Schedules page and may skew your reporting figures.
Appear on Schedule.
You can hide a user from appearing on the Schedule, but still give them access to view and edit that Department. Click here to learn more!
When creating a schedule, you'll be able to select a different role for that Employee within the same row that they appear on - that is, their Primary Role:
The idea behind this current setup is to streamline the view by being able to have all the shifts one person is scheduled for, under one spot. The employee will show up in their Primary Role, but the badging on the shift will change colouring (depending on the role that was scheduled).
If you would like to change which role a user appears under on the Schedule, you are welcome to change their Primary Role within their Employee Assignments:
4. Remember to click 'Save' when you're finished adding or updating details within a user's profile.
The tabs where details are missing will be indicated:
Q: I have updated an Employee's information, but the changes do not seem to save and I have to keep coming back to update it again.
A: This can happen if Employee Sync is turned on within the Account's Integration settings. For more information on this, please reach out to the Admin of the Account who has sole user access to manage this feature.
For example: The sync between Toast POS and 7shifts is a one-way sync (i.e. we only pull employee data from Toast POS). And so, if an employee's information isn't updated in Toast POS, it will eventually revert back to what is listed there to match its counterparts.