SKIP AHEAD TO:
Activating the Export
To enable the export, you'll need to do the following:
1. Head over to the more menu ' ☰ ' > Integrations and click on 'Add Integration.'
2. Search and select UKG Pro. Then, click on 'Connect.'
3. Now that the export has been added to your account, click on 'Complete Setup.'
4. You will immediately be taken to the export's settings page to configure your settings. These export settings need to be complete before you run payroll.
To begin, click on the 'Settings' button.
5. Next, under the 'Payroll Mapping' tab choose whether to 'Split Hours by Role.'
If this setting is enabled, Employee hours will be split into separate columns in the spreadsheet, but will not automatically be associated with a wage code (this can be manually added to the spreadsheet before uploading to the payroll program). When this is enabled, the 'Map Roles' button will also appear.
Click on 'Map Roles' to add your Labor Override Codes.
Entering Labor Override Codes ensures that employees are paid the correct rate for the work they did. If they are left blank, the default value of these fields will be the name of the Role in 7shifts.
In the 'Roles' tab, enter the corresponding Labor Override Code for each Role.
Remember to scroll down and click 'Save.' before toggling between Locations.
6. Employee IDs are also required in order to match employees in 7shifts to employees in your payroll export. Location mapping is used to match your 7shifts and Payroll locations.
Click to 'Edit employee IDs' or 'Edit Location Mapping' to map your Employees and Location(s).
7. In the 'Employees' tab, enter the corresponding File Numbers for each Employee. Remember to scroll down and click 'Save.'
8. In the 'Locations' tab, enter the corresponding Payroll Export Shop Numbers for each Location in 7shifts. Remember to click 'Save.'
9. Under the 'Export Settings' tab choose whether to 'Split By Earnings Codes, Disable Overtime Rates, or Disable Holiday Rates.'
Enable/disable any of these optional settings by clicking on the toggle beside them.
Split By Earnings Codes:
Enable this setting to automatically split hours in your export by Earnings Codes. This will be calculated by the earnings codes and wages in UKG Pro, not 7shifts. (See an example report here.)
Disable Overtime Rates:
With this setting enabled, Overtime hours will not be multiplied by the overtime rate in 7shifts. Enable this if you want these calculations done within UKG Pro.
Disable Holiday Rates:
With this setting enabled, Holiday hours will not be multiplied by the overtime rate in 7shifts. Enable this if you want these calculations done within UKG Pro.
Preparing your Export File
Before you can run the UKG Pro payroll export, you'll need to ensure that you've properly approved all punches and closed your timesheet.
1. Click the Timeclocking tab at the top of the screen, then select the appropriate Pay Period.
2. From there, review and 'Approve' or 'Modify' any unapproved punches, or choose to 'Approve All.'
3. Once you've approved all punches, you're ready to close the Timesheet. To close the Timesheet, select 'Close Timesheet' in the top right corner.
If you are using this method, be sure to select the correct Location in the 'Location' dropdown before selecting the 'Export' option.
4. You can now export the Timesheet by selecting 'Export' then 'UKG Pro.'
5. You can now import your payroll data to UKG Pro.
The default columns included in the UKG Pro export are:
If the Split By Earnings Codes setting is enabled, the following columns will be included in the report:
Week ending date
Including Paid Time Off (PTO)
To include Employees' Paid Time Off, Paid Sick Time Off hours within the report, you will need to enable these features under your Company Settings. These will be included in the report as:
Accounts using a supported POS integration will be able to send their tip data to 7shifts. From there, this information can be included with your time clocking data when processing payroll.
Please review carefully to see if your POS or tip source is compatible with your payroll provider.