Accurate sales and labor data tracking is at your fingertips with the POSitouch POS integration through Shift4!
SKIP AHEAD TO:
Adding the Integration
You can link your POSitouch POS with 7shifts to provide accurate sales forecasting when building schedules. This allows for more accurate scheduling if you're wanting to stay on budget and within your labor target percentage. 7shifts will also show you in real-time what your actual sales are.
To enable the POSitouch integration, follow these steps:
1. Log into your 7shifts account and head to the more menu ' ☰ ' > Integrations > Add Integration.
2. Search and select 'POSitouch - Shift4' from the list and click 'Next.'
3. You will be prompted to sign to your Shift4 account, click 'Login to Shift4' to continue, or head to lh.positouch.com.
4. Sign in to your Shift4 account with your existing login email and password.
5. Once you've logged into Shift4, you'll need to click on the 'Marketplace' tab on the left side menu.
6. In the Shift4 Marketplace, you will need to scroll down to find the 7shifts app and click on 'View details.'
7. Next, click 'Install.'
8. Click 'Allow' to continue.
9. You will then be redirected back to 7shifts. Sign back into your account with your existing 7shifts email and password.
10. After you have logged in, your Locations within 7shifts will need to be connected. You can access the integration and integration settings under the more menu ' ☰ ' > Integrations > POSitouch POS > Settings.
11. Click on 'Connect a location.'
12. In the dropdowns select your 7shifts Location, your Shift4 Account, and your Shift4 Location (POS location). Then click 'Connect.'
13. Once connected, you will then see your Location listed below.
Repeat steps 11 and 12 if you are connecting more than one 7shifts Location.
From there, you should start seeing sales data coming in shortly.
Actual Sales & Forecasting
Once your integration has been activated, your real-time sales data will be enabled by default. We will backfill 90 days of previous sales, if available. 7shifts will also use those Actual Sales values to populate Projected Sales, allowing you to create schedules based on those projections. These will become more accurate over time as more data is available. Sales data is sent from POSitouch to 7shifts, once per day, for the previous business day.
7shifts will begin pulling in your sales data into the Dashboard, Manager Log Book, Actuals Report, and the Labor Budget Tool.
Click here to learn more about the Dashboard.
Manager Log Book:
Click here to learn more about the Manager Log Book.
Click here to learn more about the Actuals Report.
Labor Budget Tool:
Click here to learn more about the Labor Budget Tool.
Now when you go to build schedules for future weeks, 7shifts will automatically look at past historical sales and insert your sales projections for you. This allows for more accurate scheduling if you're wanting to stay on budget and within your labor targets.
The Actual Sales will initially be empty for the current or future days until sales start rolling in. Once the sales numbers have been pulled into 7shifts, they will be shown appropriately under those specific days.
We integrate with POSitouch actual labor, this means your actual labor costs will be pulled into 7shifts. Once enabled, your actual labor costs will be displayed on the Dashboard allowing you to compare Sales vs. Labor.
To enable POSitouch Actual Labor:
1. Hover over the more menu ' ☰ ' > Integrations > POSitouch POS.
2. Click 'Settings' beside the Location(s) that you want to enable.
3. Click the slider button to enable 'Actual Labor.'
4. From here, it's recommended that you map your Roles and Employees. Click 'Map Employees' to get started.
Mapping your Roles
You'll want to map your specific Roles between POSitouch and 7shifts to easily assign Roles when adding new employees from POSitouch. This is how you will be able to match your Roles in 7shifts to their counterparts in your POS.
To map your Roles:
1. Hover over the more menu ' ☰ ' and select 'Integrations.'
2. From there, select Mapping > Roles.
7shifts will automatically map any Roles that already exist between POSitouch and 7shifts (if they are both spelled the same way). You'll find those under the 'Mapped' heading.
If 7shifts was not able to auto map the specific Roles, you'll need to either create the Role within 7shifts or POSitouch, or map it to another existing Role.
You'll need to map your Employees between POSitouch and 7shifts to connect the Actual Labor feature. This is how you will be able to match your Employees in 7shifts to their counterparts in your POS.
1. Hover over the more menu ' ☰ ' and select 'Integrations.'
2. From there, select Mapping > Employees.
7shifts will automatically map any Employees that already exist between your POS and 7shifts (if they are both spelled the same way). You'll find those under the 'Mapped' heading.
For unmapped Employees, you can either match up, ignore, or create the Employee.
- Match: Simply find the corresponding employee on the list.
- Ignore: You'll want to ignore if the employee will never need to clock in/out (i.e. salaried employees).
- Create: This will add the employee to 7shifts, allowing you to start scheduling them.
Moving forward, you can add your new employees to POSitouch or 7shifts. New employees will be mapped automatically if a match is found.
Sync POS Time Clocking Data
If you have a POS integration that includes labor, you have the option to view your employee's time clocking entries from the POS within 7shifts. In addition, you are able to export this time clocking data to any of our payroll integrations.
7shifts can automatically create a new employee when you add them to your POS. Streamline your employee onboarding process by eliminating the need to enter employee information twice. Employee Sync also helps ensure your employee records match in both systems, so your labor data is always up to date in 7shifts.
1. Have Actual Labor turned on in your integration settings.
2. Map your existing Employees. This will ensure Employees you have chosen to ignore during mapping will not be created in 7shifts.
3. Match your existing Roles. This will ensure Employees will be assigned the correct Roles in 7shifts when they are created.