SKIP AHEAD TO:
Activating the Paychex Export
To enable the export, you'll need to do the following:
1. As an Admin, head over to More > Integrations then click on 'Add Integration.'
2. Search and select Paychex, then click 'Next.'
3. Enter your Company Code and click 'Connect.'
4. Click on 'Complete Set Up' to finish setting up the export.
5. Alternatively, you can find these settings under More > Integrations > My Integrtions > Paychex > Settings.
6. Under the 'Custom Export Codes' tab, you can set the optional codes for Regular, Overtime, Double Overtime, and Holiday hours.
7. Click on the 'Payroll Mapping' tab and choose whether to enable 'Split Hours by Role' and 'Export Wages.'
Split Hours by Role: Enabling this feature will split Employee hours by role on the CSV. If Employees work more than one role, their hours will be split on the CSV, and the wage codes for those roles will be applied from Paychex.
Export Wages: Enabling this feature will split the hours, as well as overriding the Paychex wage with the wage that is entered in the Employee's 7shifts profile for each role. If wages are correctly entered for each job code in Paychex, this feature can remain off.
Mapping Employees and Roles with Paychex
In order to match employees in 7shifts to those in Paychex, you will need to input your Paychex File Numbers in 7shifts.
1. Under the 'Payroll Mapping' tab click on 'Edit employee IDs' or 'Map Roles.'
2. Select the 'Employees' tab and enter the corresponding Paychex file number for each Employee.
Remember to scroll down and click 'Save.'
3. Select the 'Roles' tab to enable and map Labor Override Codes (optional).
Enter the corresponding Labor Override Codes for each Role in 7shifts. Be sure to click 'Save' before changing locations.
Preparing your Export File
Before you can run the Paychex payroll export, you'll need to ensure that you've properly approved all punches and closed your timesheet.
1. Click the 'Time Clocking' tab at the top of the screen, then select the appropriate Pay Period.
2. From there, review and 'Approve' or 'Modify' any unapproved punches, or choose to 'Approve All.'
3. Once you've approved all punches, you're ready to close the Timesheet.
To close the Timesheet, select 'Close Timesheet' in the top right corner.
If you are using this method, be sure to select the correct Location in the 'Location' dropdown before selecting the 'Export' option.
4. With the Timesheet closed, You can export it by selecting 'Export' then 'Paychex.'
5. You can now import your payroll data to Paychex.
The columns included in the Paychex export are:
Check Seq Number
Override Local Jurisdiction
Fed Backup Withholding Amt
State Tax Jurisdiction
State Misc Amt
State Surcharge Amt
State WC Amt
State Backup Withholding Amt
State Allocation %
Local Tax Jurisdiction
Local Tax Name
Local Allocation %
Including Paid Time Off (PTO)
To include Employees' Paid Time Off and Paid Sick Time hours within the report, you will need to enable these features under your Company Settings.
After enabling Paid Time Off and/or Sick Time Off, you can input your custom codes for Paychex by:
1. Going to More > Integrations > My Integrations > Paychex and clicking on 'Settings.'
2. Under the 'Custom Export Codes' tab, scroll down and set the optional codes for 'Paid Time Off', 'Sick Paid Time Off', and 'Unpaid Time Off' hours.
3. Be sure to hit 'Save.'
These fields are optional. If no code is provided, the default columns for Paid Time Off, Sick Paid Time, and Unpaid Time Off will be exported as:
Accounts using a supported POS integration will be able to send their tip data to 7shifts. From there, this information can be included with your time clocking data when processing payroll.
Please review carefully to see if your POS or tip source is compatible with your payroll provider.