You can enable Overtime Alerts to ensure that Admins and Managers receive real-time mobile push alerts when employees enter daily overtime, weekly overtime, or are at risk of weekly overtime.
⚠️ To use this feature you will need:
1. To be on The Works plan or higher.
2. To have an active labor POS integration or be using 7punches for time clocking.
3. To have Time Clocking enabled in your account (found at the top menu under 'Time Clocking.'
For more information, please contact email@example.com.
Enabling Overtime Alerts
Once you have the prerequisites mentioned above, follow these steps below to enable Overtime Alerts:
1. As an Admin, head to Company Settings > Labor & Compliance.
If you haven't done so already, you'll need to first check the box next to 'Overtime' and set your daily and weekly overtime values.
2. Scroll down and check the box next to 'Overtime Alerts.'
3. In the drop-down, select an 'Alert Buffer' to ensure you're notified about Weekly Overtime prior to the employee reaching overtime.
4. Remember to scroll to the bottom of the page and click 'Save.'
5. Be sure to update your personal notification settings under My Account > Notifications.
Once Overtime Alerts are set, You and your managers will receive push notifications on their phones when an employee enters into Overtime or is at risk. Ensuring your team is aware of the potential overtime.
Admins and Managers will receive alert notifications as pictured below:
A weekly at-risk Overtime alert is calculated by:
'Actual hours' worked + 'Scheduled Hours' for the remainder of the week > Weekly Overtime Hours setting.