Clair is an app that lets employees get paid for the hours they work every day. With Clair, employees can benefit through flexible wage advances at no cost to your restaurant, as well as the option to access their Spending and Savings Accounts with a Clair Debit Mastercard, and digital banking services with zero hidden fees.
SKIP AHEAD TO:
🇺🇸 This feature is only available to users in the US.
⚠️ Access to this feature requires the use of 7punches or a POS labor integration for time clocking. Ask your employer if this applies to you.
What is Clair?
Clair provides on-demand pay to United States-based employees. It enables them to choose when and where they get paid for the hours they work each day with flexible wage advance options.
⚠️ 7shifts users who choose to update their direct deposit to Clair will receive a Spending and Savings Account with no high or hidden fees, a Mastercard Debit Card® with free withdrawals at 55,000 in-network ATMs, and smart tools to help them save. All bank accounts are held at Pathward, N.A., Member, FDIC.
Why should I sign up for Clair?
Clair is a faster way to get paid than the current weekly or bi-weekly payroll cycle. When you sign up for Clair, you can choose to get paid for the hours you work each day.
That means that if you earned $100 on Monday, you can get a portion of that at the end of your shift. You can access your money fee-free on your Clair Debit Mastercard by updating your direct deposit, or (coming soon!) pay a transfer fee to instantly send your advances to an external debit card. Clair is a great way to prepare for an unexpected expense or that moment when a bill is due a few days before payday.
⚠️ When you update your direct deposit to your Clair Spending Account, you’ll receive a Clair Savings Account too, held at Pathward, N.A., an FDIC-insured institution. Your accounts come with no high or hidden fees, so you’ll never have to worry about paying for membership fees, inactivity fees, or overdraft. You’ll also receive a Clair Debit Mastercard® that you can use to spend or withdraw your daily earnings.
How do I set up Clair?
- Open the 7shifts app, scroll down to the bottom of the home screen, and select 'Get Paid Early.' You can also access this from the 'My Timesheets' section in the bottom right menu.
- To start accessing your wages, you can begin signing up for Clair by tapping on 'Get Started.'
- From there, follow the prompts to sign up for your Clair account and choose how you want to get paid early
How do I get paid every day?
It’s easy to get paid every day! Here’s how the process works in Clair:
- 1. After you’ve set up your Clair account, you can access it directly from the 7shifts mobile app by tapping on the 'Get Paid Early' button.
- If you’ve updated your direct deposit and received your first paycheck on Clair or you’ve linked an external bank account to Clair, you’ll start seeing your 'Earned Wages' amount on the home screen go up after you clock out of work
- Whenever you need to get paid, tap on the 'On-Demand Pay' box or ‘take a wage advance’. Enter the amount you want to advance, and it will be instantly transferred to your Clair Spending Account. Coming soon: You can also access your earnings early by paying a fee to instantly transfer your advances to an external bank account in seconds.
- When your next paycheck comes in, Clair will deduct any amount you advanced from your Clair Spending Account or your linked external bank account if you don’t have direct deposit set up with Clair. Clair will never charge you interest fees, tips, or late fees for any advances.
⚠️ In order to maintain eligibility for this feature, you must meet the following criteria:
- You must either set your Spending Account as your direct deposit account and have received a paycheck within the last pay period, or linked your external bank account with Clair
- You must not have any outstanding debts to Clair from a prior pay period
If you don’t meet any of these criteria, Clair may switch off your access to the wage advance feature until you meet the criteria again.
For more information, please contact the Clair support team at 1-888-442-5247 or email@example.com.
The Clair Debit Mastercard® can be used for no-fee withdrawals at any U.S. ATMs within the Allpoint network. Fees may apply for international ATM transactions or transactions outside of this network. Clair Spending is a demand deposit account established by, and the Clair Debit Card is issued by, Pathward, N.A., Member FDIC. Mastercard® and the circles design are registered trademarks of Mastercard International Incorporated. Clair Savings Account is established by Pathward, N.A., Member FDIC. Standard data charges may apply.