The Optimal Labor tool provides hourly forecasts and labor recommendations to help you budget your scheduled labor more effectively.
- Integrate your POS
- Have 10+ weeks of integrated sales data
- Have 10+ weeks of scheduling data
- Have at least 50 receipts per day
- Set your labor percentage targets in the Optimal Labor Tab
SKIP AHEAD TO:
Accessing the Optimal Labor Tool
1. Head to the Schedules page > select the Optimal Labor tab at the bottom of your page:
2. Click on the Optimal Labor Tool to expand the full view.
1. Can manage sales projections
2. Can view wages
Daily Labor Overages and Shortages
(+) indicates you have scheduled too much labor (more than optimal)
(-) indicates you have scheduled too little labor (less than optimal)
When your scheduled labor is within 5% of your target, the number will be green. When your scheduled labor is more than 5% above your target, the number will be red.
Hover over any day and hour to view Projected Sales, Optimal Labor, and Scheduled Labor hourly.
You will be able to see any discrepancies between the total employee hours and total optimal labor hours.
For example, at 1 pm on Monday, September 9th above:
Optimal Labor = 3 hours
Scheduled Labor = 3.75 hours
Optimal Labor by Hour
You can view the overages and shortages hour by hour for each day by clicking on the specific day of the week or on Day.
Looking at the Hourly Variance row totals will tell you how many hours you have scheduled, and how much that varies from the number of hours that we suggest should be scheduled. As you adjust your scheduled shifts, you'll see these numbers adjust accordingly.
Let's look at 1 pm from the Daily View:
Hovering over the variance number will show you what role you are under or overstaffed based on your historical schedules and your Projected Sales.
Set Labor Percentage Targets
1. Head to the Schedules page > the tool icon > Optimal Labor:
2. Click on Edit Targets for your Location.
3. Set labor targets for each Department.
4. Click on Save.
Edit Hourly Sales Projections
1. On the Schedules page, you can edit your hourly sales projections by clicking on the 'Pencil' icon next to 'Projected Sales.'
2. To edit one time period, click the pencil icon next to the amount.
To edit multiple time periods, hold the 'Shift' key and select the time periods, then click the pencil icon.
3. Edit the values by entering a 'New Value,' or change by '% Offset' or '$ Offset.'
4. Once you set the new values, the cells will be marked with a red corner and will show the information when you hover over them.