SKIP AHEAD TO:
Activating the Paylocity Export
To enable the export, you'll need to do the following:
1. Head over to More > Integrations and click on 'Add Integration.'
2. Search and select Paylocity, select 'Connect', and Click on 'Complete Set Up" to add the export to your Account.
3. Once you have added your integration into your account, you will need to enable and customize some of the individual features of the integration.
These can be accessed by going to More > Integrations to find these settings.
4. Then go to My Integrations > Paylocity > Settings.
5. Enter your additional Custom Export Codes, if applicable.
6. Choose whether to 'Split Hours by Role' under the 'Payroll Mapping' tab.
To complete the setup for Mapped Roles under My Integrations > Paylocity > Settings > Payroll Mapping, click on 'Map Roles' and complete the setup on the new window.
To enable Cost Centers, navigate to My Integrations > Paylocity > Settings > Payroll Mapping and follow the steps below based on how your cost centers are setup within your Paylocity account.
- Click on 'Enter cost center', complete your cost center mapping and choose Cost Center 1, 2, and 3 based on your Paylocity setup for Cost Centers
- Complete the Location mapping by clicking on 'Edit location mapping' as needed
- Complete the Role mapping by clicking on 'Map roles' as needed
- Complete Department mapping by clicking on 'Edit department mapping' as needed
7. Map your Employees between 7shifts and Paylocity by updating their Employee IDs or file numbers. This is required in order to match your Employees in 7shifts to their counterparts in Paylocity on the payroll export.
To get started, click on 'Edit Employee IDs.'
Enter the corresponding File Numbers for each Employee.
Be sure to hit 'Save' at the bottom of the page when you're done updating your employee File Numbers.
Preparing your Export File
Before you can run the Paylocity payroll export you'll need to ensure that you've properly approved all punches and closed your timesheet.
1. Click the 'Time Clocking' tab at the top of the screen, then select the appropriate Pay Period.
2. From there, review and 'Approve' or 'Modify' any unapproved punches, or choose to 'Approve All.'
3. For multi-Location users, you can also choose to sort by Location and approve punches by Location.
4. Once you've approved all punches, you're ready to close the Timesheet.
To close it, select 'Close Timesheet' in the top right corner.
If you are using this method, be sure to select the correct Location in the 'Location' dropdown before selecting the 'Export' option.
5. With the Timesheet closed, you can export it by selecting 'Export' then 'Paylocity.'
6. You can now import your payroll data file into Paylocity.