With 7tasks, check completion progress on the fly, who’s completed which tasks, and who’s tagged in a task. View what still needs to be done and what task lists are overdue.
SKIP AHEAD TO:
See the 7tasks App in Action - Video 🎥
Launching the 7tasks Punch Pad on your Device
7tasks can be used from a mobile device, tablet, iPad, or iPod touch. Here are the links to download the iOS and Android apps:
1. After downloading the 7tasks app, an Admin, or Manager/Assistant Manager with the permission 'Can manage tasks,' can log in using their 7shifts login information to and launch the punch pad.
2. Sign in to the app using your 7shifts email and password. If you have more than one account or Location, you will be prompted to choose when you sign in.
From there you'll see the 7tasks punch pad, where you and your employees can sign in using your own punch IDs.
Click here to learn more.
Viewing Tasks and Task Lists
1. Enter your punch ID to access your task lists.
2. Tap on one of your available task lists to view it.
3. Task lists will be labeled if you are specifically tagged to complete them.
4. Tasks with a set time frame will display the due time beside the list.
Learn more about setting time frames for Task lists here.
Any task lists that are overdue will be indicated in red. However, you can still access an overdue task list to complete any of these outstanding tasks
5. Tap on 'Show Details' to view the description of the task list. If there is a set time that this task list is due, it will be visible in the top right corner as well.
6. To view the details for a specific task, tap on the three-dotted icon next to your task, then tap 'Open task details.'
7. Any individual tasks you are tagged to complete will be highlighted.
Other employees, who can view this list, can also see or complete tasks that are tagged to someone else.
8. Toggle 'Show completed' to see your team's progress.
1. Check off your tasks as they are completed by tapping on them.
2. Temperature or Number tasks:
Some tasks will require that you enter a temperature or number value.
Simply tap on the task, or within the task details tap on the field in the top right corner, to make an entry.
After entering your value, hit 'COMPLETE TASK' to mark it as complete.
3. Photo Tasks:
Some tasks will require that a photo be taken to show how well the task was completed.
Simply tap on the task, or within the task details tap on the field in the top right corner, to open the camera.
Next, take a photo and tap 'Complete Task' to submit it or 'Retake' to try taking another photo.
4. Tap on a task to re-open it and mark it as incomplete.
5. Tap the bottom Exit panel to sign out of your tasks.
Tagging Employees to Tasks
If you have a specific employee in mind for a task, you can tag them to it directly from the 7tasks and 7shifts mobile apps. Tagging your employees can increase your task completion rate by 135%!
1. Open your task list, where you'll see a three-dotted icon next to your task. Tap on this, then tap on 'Tag employee.'
2. Alternatively, if you are looking at the details for a single task, you can tap on the 'Tag employee' icon at the top of the page.
3. Next, you will see a list of employees scheduled to work that day, the times they are scheduled for, and the Role they are scheduled under.
Tap on the name of the Employee you wish to tag to this task.
4. From there you'll see the tag applied to the selected task. When the employee opens 7tasks, they will also see that they have been tagged to this task.
If you want to change who is tagged to a task:
1. While viewing the task list or the details of a task, tap on the tag option.
2. Then, tap on 'Change tag.'
3. From there you can then select another employee or select 'Unassigned' if you no longer want anyone to be tagged to the task.
After this, your tag will immediately be updated.
⚠️ Please Note:
- If the Employee swaps shifts or gives up a shift in the Shift Pool, this will not also transfer the task. The person originally tagged will be removed and the task will be automatically available to the Locations, Departments, or Roles with access to the list for that task.
- Employees will be available to tag based on their Location and the timeframe of the task. In order to be tagged to a task, Employees must have published shifts within the Time Frame (Daily / Specific days of the week / Weekly / Monthly). The exception will be for One-time (non-repeating) tasks.
For example, only an employee scheduled to work on the current day can be tagged to complete a daily task.
1. Within the 7tasks app, you can see the most recent activity for a task. To access this, tap on the three-dotted icon just to the right of the task you wish to view.
2. Within the task details, you'll see a section below with the most recent activity related to that task.
3. Once a task is completed, you will see the name of the employee and the time they completed the task.
If a photo entry was made, tap on the image to view it in more detail.