SKIP AHEAD TO:
Activating the Ceridian Dayforce Export
To enable the export, you'll need to do the following:
3. Search and select 'Ceridian Dayforce Export':
4. Click on 'Complete Set Up" to add the export to your Account.
5. Now you will immediately be taken to the Ceridian Dayforce settings page to match your Employees and Roles to Ceridian Dayforce. Inputting your Ceridian Dayforce File Numbers in 7shifts is required before you run the Ceridian Dayforce export for payroll.
To begin mapping, click on the 'Settings' button.
6. Next, under the 'Payroll Mapping' tab click on 'Edit employee IDs' or 'Map Roles.'
7. In the 'Employees' tab, enter the corresponding Ceridian Dayforce File Number for each employee.
8. Remember to scroll down and click 'Save.'
9. Head back to the top of the page, and select the 'Roles' tab.
Here is where you will enter the Labor Override Codes to ensure that employees get paid the correct wage rate for the hours under each role. If they are left blank, your employees will be paid their default rates listed in Ceridian Dayforce. For each role name in 7shifts, set a Labor Override Code.
10. When you enter the corresponding Labor Override Code for each Role in 7shifts, be sure to click 'Save' before changing locations.
Preparing your Export File
Before you can run the Ceridian Dayforce export, you'll need to ensure that you've properly approved all punches and closed your timesheet.
1. Click the 'Time Clocking' tab at the top of the screen, then select the appropriate Pay Period.
2. From there, review and 'Approve' or 'Edit' punches, or choose to 'Approve All.'
3. For multi-Location users, you can also choose to sort by Location and approve punches by Location.
4. Once you've approved all punches, you're ready to close the Timesheet.
To close it, select 'Close Timesheet' in the top right corner.
If you are using this method, be sure to select the correct Location in the 'Location' dropdown before selecting the 'Export' option.
5. Once the Timesheet is closed, you can export the Timesheet as a .xml file by selecting 'Export' then 'Ceridian Dayforce.'
Once your .xml file is downloaded, you can upload this information into Ceridian Dayforce.