The Shift Pool is where Managers will be able to view, approve, and decline all shift change requests from Employees. Follow the steps below to manage these requests on the web app.
Here's how to review, approve, or deny Employees' requests to pick up extra shifts:
1. Head over to Schedule > Shift Pool:
2. Next, click on the 'Shift pool requests' tab to see the current bids that need approval.
Click here to learn more about approving Shift Trade Requests.
3. To view potential conflicts, assign, or deny the shift, click on 'Approve / Deny.'
4. Here you will see all of the employees who placed a bid to take this shift. Any applicable warnings will be shown if giving this shift to someone will result in any scheduling conflicts, labor expectations, or overtime.
Click on 'Approve' to give the Employee the shift.
5. Once you select 'Approve', both employees (the one who was giving away the shift, and the one you assigned the shift to) will receive a notification informing them of the change to their schedule. The schedule will also update automatically to reflect which person is now scheduled for that shift.
Once the shift has been assigned to an Employee, all other Employees who had made a bid will not be directly notified. However, the shift will no longer appear for them in the Shift Pool.