If you are using 7punches for time-clocking, or have a POS integration that includes labor, you can export your worked hours in a Paylocity-ready format. This integration allows you to share your employee's shift details with your Paylocity payroll. The employee's shift details include:
- The employee's information
- The location the employee has worked
- The hours the employee has worked
- The role in which the employee has worked
SKIP AHEAD TO:
Activating the Paylocity Time & Attendance
To enable the feature, you'll need to do the following:
3. Search and select Paylocity Time and Attendance from the list:
4. Once you have added Paylocity Time and Attendance into your account, you will need to enable and customize some of the individual features of the Export.
Click on 'Complete Set Up' to finish setting up the Export.
5. Alternatively, you can find these settings under More > Apps & Integrations > My Integrations > Paylocity Time and Attendance and click on 'Settings.'
6. Enter your additional Custom Export Codes, if applicable.
7. Map your Employees between 7shifts and Paylocity by updating the Employee ID’s or 'File Numbers' for your staff. This required in order to match your Employees in 7shifts to their Paylocity ID numbers and have those included in the CSV.
To get started, click on 'Edit Employee IDs.'
9. Enter the Employee's File Number next to their name.
10. Be sure to hit 'Save' at the bottom of the page when you're done.
11. Select the 'Roles' tab to enable and map Labor Override Codes (optional).
Enter the corresponding Labor Override Codes for each Role in 7shifts.
12. Be sure to click 'Save' before changing locations.
Preparing your Export File
Before you can run the Paylocity payroll export, you'll need to ensure that you've properly approved all punches and closed your timesheet.
1. Click the 'Time Clocking' tab at the top of the screen, then select the appropriate Pay Period.
2. From there, review and 'Approve' or 'Modify' any unapproved punches, or choose to 'Approve All.'
3. Once you've approved all punches, you're ready to close the Timesheet.
To close it, select 'Close Timesheet' in the top right corner.
If you are using this method, be sure to select the correct Location in the 'Location' dropdown before selecting the 'Export' option.
4. After the timesheet has been closed, you can export it by selecting 'Export' then select 'Paylocity Time and Attendance.'
5. You can now import your payroll data to Paylocity.