SKIP AHEAD TO:
Announcements are a one way communication from your manager. Think of them as posts on a bulletin/notice board that cannot be replied to.
You can view Announcements for any Location, Department, or Role group that you belong to.
1. To view Announcements, tap on the chat bubble icon in the menu bar.
2. You'll see the most recent Announcement at the top of the list. Tap on it to view the Announcements section.
3. Tap on any Announcement to view it.
4. Here you'll see the full Announcement and be able to open any attachments if they had been included.
Messaging and Chats are a back and forth communication tool to allow you to communicate with your managers and coworkers.
With Messaging you can:
- View messages for any Location, Department, or Role group that you belong to.
- Message specific people, or create custom groups.
- Message coworkers by day/shift they are scheduled (Roster Talk).
1. To view Messages and Chats, tap on the chat bubble icon in the menu bar.
2. Tap on a specific message or chat to view the conversation.
3. From here, you'll be able to read or respond to any messages in the conversation.
Individual & custom group chats
1. To message a specific person or create a new custom group chat, tap the '+' button, then select 'New Chat.'
2. Select one or more people to add to the chat, then tap 'Next'.
3. You can send your first message right away. Messages can include other media attachments such as images or gifs.
4. From within a chat, tap the chat name at the top to open the chat settings.
Under the chat settings, you will be able to:
- Re-name the group chat
- Mute the notifications
- Add people to the chat
- Archive the chat - archiving a chat will remove it from your Recents list. It will come back when someone in the chat sends a new message.
- Leave the chat - will remove you from the chat
Group messaging by Location, Department, and Role
1. To view posts within Group Chats, tap on the chat bubble icon in the menu bar.
2. Tap on a specific group to view the posts and conversations within the group.
Groups exist for each Location, Department or Role, and you are auto-assigned to these groups based on how your employer has set up your profile in the account.
3. From here, you'll be able to read or respond to any posts made to the group.
4. Tap on the '+' button and select 'New Group Post' to message everyone in a Location, Department or Role group.
5. Next, select the Location, Department or Role group that you want to message. The options you will see are based on how your employer has set up your profile in the account.
6. From here, you can make a post and include other media such as an image. Posts made here will be visible to all members of the selected group.
Roster Talk Chats
2. You can choose which timeframe to target.
3. Then, specify by Location, Department, and Role that the message should go to.
4. You can message multiple groups in the same message by selecting another target roster (ie: Location, Department, or Role schedule in a specific timeframe).
5. Tap on 'Next' when you're ready to compose and send your message.
Tips for Roster Talk:
- Individual employees can be added to the Roster Talk as well.
- Employees will only be able to message within Locations, Departments, and Roles they are assigned to.
- 'Today' is considered a shift that falls within any Hours of Operation for the Location.
- Only employees with published shifts will be included in the chat; unpublished shifts will not be recognized in the Roster Talk targets.