SKIP AHEAD TO:
Activating the Toast Payroll Export
To enable the export, you'll need to do the following:
1. As an Admin, head over to More > Integrations > click on 'Add Integration.'
2. Search and select Toast Payroll, then click 'Connect.'
3. Click on 'Complete Set Up" to add the export to your Account. From here, you will need to enable and customize some of the individual features of the Export.
4. Alternatively, you can find these settings under More > Integrations > My Integrations > Toast Payroll > Settings.
5. Enter your additional Custom Export Codes, if applicable.
6. Choose whether to 'Split Hours by Role' under the 'Payroll Mapping' tab.
For more information please reach out to support at email@example.com.
7. Map your Employees between 7shifts and Toast Payroll by updating their Employee ID’s or 'File Numbers'. This required in order to match your Employees in 7shifts to their Toast Payroll ID numbers and have those included in the CSV.
To get started, click on 'Edit employee IDs.'
Enter the Employee's File Number next to their name.
Be sure to hit 'Save' at the bottom of the page when you're done.
Preparing your Export File
Before you can run the Toast Payroll export, you'll need to ensure that you've properly approved all punches and closed your timesheet.
1. Click the 'Time Clocking' tab at the top of the screen, then select the appropriate Pay Period.
2. From there, review and 'Approve' or 'Modify' any unapproved punches, or choose to 'Approve All.'
3. Once you've approved all punches, you're ready to close the Timesheet.
To close it, select 'Close Timesheet' in the top right corner.
If you are using this method, be sure to select the correct Location in the 'Location' dropdown before selecting the 'Export' option.
4. With the Timesheet closed, You can export it by selecting 'Export' then 'Toast Payroll.'
5. You can then import your payroll data to Toast Payroll.
The columns included in the Toast Payroll export are: