SKIP AHEAD TO:
How it works
While using 7shifts, we care about your team having the communication tools they need to be collaborative and efficient.
To ensure that employees continue to have a good experience within the messaging feature, they are empowered to report any abusive comments they may have received in a direct message for custom group chat. When Employees use this option, their Manager or Admin will be notified and provided a log of the messages involved to review. Employees can also provide additional comments and context when filing the report.
In either case, the user who sent the inappropriate message will not be aware that a report has been made.
- Private chats with yourself and another individual
- Private group/custom chats amongst yourself and 2 or more individuals
Prepopulated group chats for Locations, Departments, and Roles will not see this report function as Admins will already have access to view any messages within these chats.
How to report a message on the mobile app
1. While in the messaging area of the app, tap and hold on the specific message you wish to report.
2. Next, tap on the 'Report Abuse' option.
3. Here you can provide your Manager or Admin additional comments or context about the message. They will receive a notification as soon as you send the report.
How to report a message on the web app
1. While in the messaging area of the app, click on the three-dotted icon beside the message you wish to report.
2. Next, click on the 'Report Abuse' option.
3. Here you can provide your Manager or Admin additional comments or context about the message. They will receive an email notification as soon as you click on 'Send Report.'
What Managers or Admins will see when a message is reported
After a message is reported, the Manager or Admin of the account will receive an email notification containing:
- Comments from the Employee who filed the report
- The message reported
- The names of the individuals involved
- Transcripts of messages after the reported message and leading up to it
- The time each message was sent