Stations (sections) allow you to assign Employees to a specific area of your operation while being assigned a Role for their shift. These Stations can be customized to fit your team's needs.
Stations can be assigned a Station # (default):
- Employee A can be scheduled for the Server Role, under Station 1.
- Employee B can be scheduled for the Server Role, under Station 2.
You can create custom names for your Stations:
- Employee A can be scheduled for the Server Role, under the Patio Station.
- Employee B can be scheduled for the Server Role, under the Lounge Station.
SKIP AHEAD TO:
1. Go to the 7shifts logo in the top right corner > Locations / Departments / Roles > Roles.
2. Click on the 'Pencil' icon next to the Role you wish to create Stations for.
3. Enter the custom name for the Station, and use the ' + Add station ' to create more station names:
4. Remember to click 'Save.'
Assigning Stations to Employees
1. Click the 'Calendar' icon to go to the Schedule page and click to add a shift.
2. If the Role you are selecting has Stations, you'll see the dropdown appear, allowing you to select which Station the employee will be assigned to.
That's it! Employees will now know which Stations they are assigned to when they look at their upcoming shifts on the Schedule (both mobile and web app).