The following describes the process that takes place in the Shift Pool when an Employee wants to give away a shift they are scheduled for.
However, she just found out she has tickets to a concert that night and is hoping to find someone to take her shift.
Here's how the Shift Pool works:
Step 1: Sam hits the 'Offer Up' button under her Friday shift and offers it to all Hosts.
- Employee notification: All Hosts immediately get an email and mobile message that Sam is offering up her shift.
- Manager notification: Managers will get an email notification, but only if they appear on the FOH Department schedule and are assigned the Host Role. (If you don't have Departments, the notification will go to all Managers assigned to your Location and the Host Role.)
- Admin notification: Admins will only get the notification if they appear as an Employee and are assigned to the FOH Department and Host Role. (Admins who do not appear as an Employee will not get this notification.)
Step 2: Erin, Sam's co-worker, decides she wants to work Sam's shift. She goes to the Shift Pool, selects Sam's shift, and hits 'Bid on Shift.'
- Employee notification: No notifications go out to employees at this step.
- Manager notification: All FOH managers get the email notification that Erin wants to take Sam's shift.
- Admin notification: Admins who appear as an Employee will only get the notification if they are assigned to the FOH Department. (Admins that don't appear as an Employee will get a notification for requests coming in for all Departments.)
Step 3: A Manager approves and assigns the shift to Erin.
- Employee notification: Both Erin and Sam get a mobile and email notification that the shift change was approved.