Once Employee Approval of Time Punches is enabled, Employees can attest their final working hours and flag any punches that require a secondary review.
SKIP AHEAD TO:
Enable Employee Approval of Time Punches
Login as an Admin.
In the left navigation bar, head to Time Clocking > Settings:
- Enable Employee Timesheet Access:
- Enable Employee approval of time punches:
- (optional) Enable Send punch edit alerts to employees and/or Send end-of-pay period reminders to employees.
- Be sure to hit Save!
Review a Punch
Login as an Admin or Manager/Assistant Manager with permissions.
In the left navigation bar, head to Time Clocking.
- Select a pay period:
- Review section Punches waiting for approval and note the different punch statuses:
⚠️ The status of a punch will not prevent you from running payroll or approving punches. However, the status of a punch is an indication that the punch may affect the accuracy of an employee's worked hours, which can impact payroll calculations.
- the Employee approves that this punch is correct.
- the Employee disapproves of the accuracy of this punch and requests a review.
- Hover over the status icon to reveal any notes left by the Employee:
- Click on the pencil icon next to a punch to open the Punch Overview and reveal more details about this punch:
- Make any necessary edits to the punch, and hit Save:
- From here, the Employee will receive a notification that a punch has been edited and requires their review. The Employee can either approve your new edits or dispute them again (for which you can repeat these same steps to review the dispute).
Employee Approval of Time Punches in Reports
When you're ready to review all Employee Approval of Time Punches, it will automatically appear for Admins and Managers/Assistant Managers (with permissions) in the Punch Audit Report. We'll let you know any time a punch is disputed or approved: