Accounts using 7punches or supported POS integrations will be able to send their POS tip data to 7shifts. From there, this information can be included with your time-clocking data when processing payroll.
SKIP AHEAD TO:
⚠️This feature requires both an eligible POS system and Payroll integration.
Enable Tip Data Settings (with a POS Integration or Tip Pooling)
1. Have Actual Labor turned on in your POS integration settings.
2. Have a supported Payroll Integration or Export enabled.
1. In the left navigation bar, head to Apps & Integrations > My Integrations > click on your Payroll provider.
2. Then, click on 'Settings.'
3. Under the 'Tip Export' tab, enable Include Tips using the slider and hit Save:
4. If you haven't set up your Tip Calculation formulas, you'll be prompted to do so. Click here to learn more!
Alternatively, you can always head here to edit your formula (or from Tip Management> Settings > Set your tip calculation).
Tip Management Settings:
6. Click on 'Save' when finished, and head to your Tips Calculations settings to complete your setup!
Once enabled, 7shifts will pull in the tip data from your POS. This information will be included when processing payroll if you are using a supported Payroll Integration, or within a new column in your CSV if using a supported Payroll Export.
If using the Tip Pooling feature, the tips being calculated and redistributed can be included when processing your tip data to payroll.
7shifts will include/exclude your Tip Pooling data when processing payroll if you are using a supported Payroll Integration or within a new column in your CSV if using a supported Payroll Export
Enable Tip Tracking with 7punches
If you are using 7punches for Time Clocking, you can allow employees the ability to declare their tips when punching out through Tip Tracking.
Click here to learn more about enabling this setting!