Before submitting your Availability to your employer, it's important to understand the difference between submitting Availability and Time Off.
Time Off: Use this to ask your manager for days you need to take off (i.e. vacation or personal days). Click here to learn more about Time Off.
When submitting your Availability, there are 2 kinds:
- Repeating: This Availability will carry on indefinitely, until it is removed or a change is made. Use this to note what your availability typically looks like througout the year.
- Weekly: If you already have a Repeating Availability, Weekly Availability will override this. You'll be able to choose the start and end weeks that the Weekly Availability will apply to. You'll use this in times where you need to make a short term change to your Availability, like when you have a break from school.
How to submit your Availability:
1. Click on the Availability tab (star icon) at the top of your screen.
2. Click on the green '+ Add availability' button.
3. Select whether you are submitting a request to update your 'Repeating Availability' (which will repeat from week to week) or your 'Weekly Availability' (for a specific date range).
4. For each weekday, select your availability under the dropdown.
Your options are:
- Available - Choose this option if you are available at any time
- Available from - Choose this option to set the time of day you are available
- Not available - Choose this option if you are not available at any time
- Not available from - Choose this option to set the time of day you are not available
5. You can also include comments for your manager within the comments section.
6. Once you are finished, click on 'Submit' and your manager will be notified about your request.
7. The status of your Availablity requests will be visible on the Availability tab.