Here are some things to consider if you are using the Tip Pooling feature, and using the POS integration Contribution option. If you notice that not all tip data is being included in your Tip Pool reports, there's a chance some settings still require your attention within 7shifts or on your POS.
To troubleshoot how your tip data is being pulled in from your POS, please review and complete the following:
1. Ensure that your employees within your POS are set up correctly with each of the roles/job codes that they will perform. This means that the appropriate roles/job codes are selected for every active employee's profile on your POS.
2. Ensure that your employee profiles within 7shifts are assigned to the correct Roles. This helps to verify that the Roles in 7shifts are matched to their counterparts in your POS and ensures that the data being pulled in is accurate.
Example: The Role 'Bartender' in 7shifts could match with the job code 'Bar Keeper' on your POS.
Example: The Role 'Bartender' in 7shifts could match with the job code 'Bar Keeper' but not also the job code 'Bar Assistant' on your POS.
A new Role for 'Bar Assistant' would need to be created with 7shifts in order to match the one on your POS.
4. Within 7shifts, ensure that you have mapped all of your Employees between 7shifts and your POS. This helps to verify that the Employee profiles in 7shifts are matched to their counterparts in your POS and ensures that the data being pulled in is accurate.
5. Whether employees are clocking in/out on your POS or through 7punches, be sure that employees are punching out at the end of their shift.
This ensures that tips are calculated correctly based on employee's actual worked hours and allocated to the correct teams. It is especially important that they clock out on time if you are using the Dayparts feature. Tip data collected from users that still have an open punch, or have a punch incorrectly recorded, may cause discrepancies.
Are you still encountering a discrepancy? You're welcome to reach out to our Support team for further assistance. Get in touch by clicking on the blue icon at the bottom right of your screen.
To expedite the resolution process, please provide our team with the following information :
- The date range you're seeing is a discrepancy.
- The tip pool name you're seeing is a discrepancy.
- From your POS, an export of payment reports (i.e. with Toast, this is your Payment Export).
- From your POS, an export of time-clocking reports. (i.e. with Toast, this is your Time Entries Export).